We have all heard the expression, “Content is king.” This is especially true in the world of content marketing. Through this type of marketing, marketers use content such as blog posts, white papers and podcasts to generate interest in their products or services. Many marketers rely on content marketing platforms to help them manage these complicated tasks. Here are some of the top content marketing systems as well as key features to look for from your content marketing platform.
- HubSpot is one of the most popular tools available. This system comes with a variety of features, including website SEO, blogging, lead management and analytics. One of its most impressive features is its landing page builder. Its drag and drop navigation means you do not need coding skills to build beautiful landing pages. HubSpot also comes with a social media content manager.
- Outbrain is a platform designed with advertisers and publishers in mind. It has website testing and conversion tools that help you optimize your content and assess its performance. Outbrain also evaluates your audience to determine which platforms they use the most. That way, you can place your content on the most effective channels.
- Optimizely is a platform that aims to help you better connect with your target audience. This tool includes behavioral audience targeting, which helps you determine which type of audience member to include in a specific campaign. Optimizely also includes website optimization tools to help you test and improve your content. The platform offers predictive analytics, so you can better gauge the impact your content has on your customers.
- Hootsuite is a social media management tool that comes with content marketing features. It has content curation tools that can help you schedule your posts in advance. Hootsuite also monitors your company’s online mentions and helps you track your reputation with customers. It allows you to share your content with multiple contributors, so you and all of your writers can stay on the same page.
- BuzzSumo is another social media tool with content marketing capabilities. With this platform, you can easily manage your content and create custom posts. BuzzSumo also has competitor alerts that allow you to monitor how your competitors are promoting their social media pages.
When choosing your technology platform, price is of course an important consideration. You will want to balance the features that you need against the per month and per user cost of the platform. You want to make sure you have the capabilities necessary to maintain robust content marketing without overspending on extras you don’t need.
Other factors to consider when selecting your content marketing system are its analytics and custom reporting capabilities. Will you gain insights into your audience members? Will you be able to track revenue generated from your content? How well and how easily the system handles reporting are important features to consider when evaluating different content marketing platforms.
Another feature to consider is whether the system includes an editorial calendar. Many popular content marketing platforms offer robust editorial calendars to help you manage your content strategy. Having an effective, well-organized calendar will lead to a better content marketing program and ultimately more conversions.
Are you selecting a platform or starting a content marketing program? Trust the experts at the Borenstein Group, a Top DC marketing agency. We can help you get a successful content marketing program up and running in no time.