Front-End / CMS Web Developer (Full Time, In-House)
Candidate will be responsible for the build out of entire sites from layered .psd files or HTML prototypes, typically on Drupal or WordPress CMS platforms. Candidate should also have experience with, and/or knowledge of web server hardware, site architecture, user interface requirements, web navigation, web page layout, cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, email configuration, size and speed issues. Knowledge of PHP, firewalls, and other network/server security issues, as well as web-based electronic software are required.
In addition, candidate must be a motivated self-starter with professional attitude, capable of interacting with clients when needed. Candidate must be personable and enjoy a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, such as Interactive Design
- At least 3 years experience in a Web environment, developing websites and front end UI
- Extensive experience with jQuery
- Familiarity with scripting languages, including ColdFusion, PHP and .NET
- Knowledge of UI needs for dynamic data-driven sites that pull content from various databases and CMS
- Ability to use Basecamp
- Experience in Photoshop, Quicktime,, Fireworks and Flash
- CSS3, ASP, SQL Server, CGI, Windows NT, and XML – all desirable.
- Able to hand-code design comps into optimized, standards compliant HTML/CSS/JS (jQuery).
- Create and test/validate cross browser/platform compatible templates, pages, and sites, including mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, and IAs in the use of standards-based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Web design best practices and innovation, including the evolving use of HTML5, CSS3 and PHP
- Identify emerging tools, templates, and techniques.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Interest in emerging technologies such as responsive design and application development
Professionals who are interested in advancing their career with The Borenstein Group should submit their 1) cover letter 2) resume and 3) creative portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
In the Subject Line of your email please put the title of the position you are interested in and your name (ex. Associate Creative Director: Joe Smith).
No phone calls please. EOE. No Recruiters please. We appreciate trusted referrals to qualified candidates.